On September 1, 2010 the annual beauty contest Miss Insta Asia, which got underway in autumn 2009, was over. This time over 500 girls took part in the contest and more than 100,000 people visited the contest website and became its users.
Despite the tiltle, the geography of the contest had spread far beyond the Asian continent since its early days. Ladies from 46 countries took part in the competeion from Malaysia and India to the U.S. and Canada. Moreover, there were contestants from Australia, Jamaica, Peru and even Yemen.
In spite of being an online contest, Miss Insta Asia gained a great popularity. Thus, the contestants and users created numerous social networking communities, blogs, and microblogs (Twitter). Some regional newspapers featured stories about the contestants who took top places, which is a further evidence of the increased interest in the contest.
The competition attracted public attention which was proved by a great number of participants, high users' activity, and the popularity among lots of people. That was why the administration of the contest decided to launch the second season of Miss Insta Asia later.
As for the results of the contest, in September 2010 three top winners were determined and shared the price pool of $30,000.
Below are video interviews with contest finalists, their profiles, and votes gained in the competition.
- Hello! My full name is Nor Hafiszah Bt Razali, but my friends call me Nor. I am 23 years old and I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. As for the entertainment, I prefer outdoor activities, such as travelling. I often go out with my friends. Besides, I am also into photography, music, karaoke, playing futsal and much more.
- Did you expect to win?
- Frankly speaking, I did not expect to win because as we all know there were a lot of remarkable contestants from the whole Asia. Seriously, I did not think I would hang on till the end. So, the victory came as a surprise to me. I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to all the voters supporting me! I do appreciate it.
- Why did you decide to enter the beauty contest?
- It were my friends who encouraged me to take part in this contest and I am so thankful for their support.
- Is it the first time you take part in such kind of contests? If no, please, tell us which contests you entered before and if you won, in what nominaton?
- This is my first experience of participating in a beauty contest.
- Do you find Forex trading exciting?
- Actually, I am a newbie in this field. I am still learning how to trade on Forex and how to become a good trader. However, it has been interesting so far.
- There is an opinion that trading is not a female business. What do you think about that?
- I do not agree with this. To my mind, trading is for both men and women. Both genders have equal opportunities to succeed in this field. Today, there are female traders growing in number and some of them have been rather successful. I am glad to be one of them.
- How did you know about InstaForex? What do you think about the company?
- I learnt about InstaForex when I got involved in online trading. Moreover, some of my friends are InstaForex traders.
- Which qualities are needed to become a successful trader?
- To trade successfully, you should first of all have a self-discipline, patience and concentration. It is also important to develop your own strategy to get involved in this sphere.
- What character should a real woman have in your opinion?
- For me a real woman should be proud of herself, respectful to others, and aware of her worth. She should know her past and present and move vigorously forward into the future.
- Why do you think you deserve the title of Asian beauty?
- Because I am truly Asian and proud to be Asian.
- What would you like to wish InstaForex clients?
- I would like to say that InstaForex is the best broker in Asia (if not in the entire world). I wish you all the best results and great progress in your trading.